CROP CARE TECHNICIAN
- Full time position offering stable employment
- Integral Role with an Expanding Organisation
- Located in Warragul
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers more than 32 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
Flavorite is undergoing a high level of growth and is looking for interested people to join our Crop Care team.
Duties will involve:
- Truss Pruning - Selecting the best fruit to achieve optimal truss production
- Twisting - Training the plants to grow up the string supports
- Layering - Lowering the plants for picking and de-leafing
- De-leafing - Removing leaves to improve the growth of the plants and to make the next harvesting truss visible.
- Other duties such as arch supports, crop spraying, and identifying crop pests and diseases where required.
To see a demonstration of each of these duties, visit our You Tube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/FlavoriteHydroponics
Core capabilities of successful candidates:
- Able to follow instruction
- Reliable and motivated
- Good level of fitness
- Strong team work abilities
- High attention to detail
These full time ongoing positions represent core roles that are integral to Flavorite’s continued success. Previous experience in the horticulture sector is desirable, but not essential as successful applicants will be provided with intensive training to understand the quality and performance standards required.
How to apply
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please visit www.flavoritetomatoes.com.au/careers
Applications close: COB 14 August 2020
THIS IS AN ON-GOING POSITION AND NOT AVAILABLE TO WORKING HOLIDAY VISA HOLDERS